Last rated Pre-Entry A* (2015) SMS Hip System The SMS femoral stem consists of a bone preserving cementless short stem, for patients with good bone quality, and can be used with minimally invasive hip replacement techniques.
- The V-shaped lateral opening increases the bone contact surface area, improves the loading of the proximal femur and ensures that the stem remains stable
- The SMS is available in 13 sizes: A standard and lateralized version provide a range of sizes suitable for most patients
- The stem is forged in Titanium Alloy (Ti-6Al-7Nb).
- The surface coating is Titanium and Hydroxyapatite with a total thickness of 380µm to optimize fixation to the bone
- The SMS has a Eurocone 12/14 taper improving range of movement of the hip.
Supplier: Medacta International
Fixation - Head: Cementless
Fixation - Stem: Cementless
Humeral Head - Fixation: Cementless
First date of use: 2015
Previous ODEP Rating (currently unrated products only): Pre-Entry A* (2015)
ODEP Rating Updated: 2021
ODEP Product ID: 5352